- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
[Rendering] Massive indoor trampoline arena bouncing into Buckhead February
Hang Time jumps at the chance to open Buckhead facility
Trampolining isn’t just for Olympic athletes anymore.
Atlantan’s will soon be able to literally bounce off the walls of one former fitness center in Buckhead after it’s transformed into wall-to-wall trampolines.
Hassim and Nichole Robinson, owners of Glamour Paws (which is relocating and expanding), will open Hang Time, a 26,000-square-foot indoor trampoline arena, in space belonging to the now shuttered Crunch Fitness.
Hang Time will open at Tower Place on Piedmont Road in February 2012, tentatively (the same complex where Modern Restaurant is opening).
“If you’re 80 years old and physically able, you too can jump,” Hassim told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Wednesday.
The arena will consist of two “Jumpers,” separated by age groups: Jumper 1 (ages 11 and older) and Jumper 2 (ages 10 and under). Each jumping area will have foam pits and offer “AIRobic” classes and dodge ball games. Referees will monitor play at all times.
Viewing lounges at eye level with wireless internet are positioned adjacent to jumping areas and an elevated area above the jumping arena will offer 360 degree viewing.
Hang Time will have a cafe and arcade as well.
Here’s how it works:
- Jumpers sign documents at the “Waiver Station.”
- Purchase “Jump Time” at the check-in counter (sold in half hour incitements). Pricing isn’t finalized but will be “affordable for all.”
- Collect wristband for “Jump Time.”
- Get fitted for helmets and jumping shoes.
- Jump, jump, jump around!
“It’s not like your old backyard trampolines,” Hassim said. “The size of Hang Time’s jumping area will be the equivalent of two basketball courts.”
To keep up with Hang Time’s progress and for more details, find them on Facebook by clicking here.
View larger map