- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
[Rendering] Massive indoor trampoline arena bouncing into Buckhead February
Hang Time jumps at the chance to open Buckhead facility
Trampolining isn’t just for Olympic athletes anymore.
Atlantan’s will soon be able to literally bounce off the walls of one former fitness center in Buckhead after it’s transformed into wall-to-wall trampolines.
Hassim and Nichole Robinson, owners of Glamour Paws (which is relocating and expanding), will open Hang Time, a 26,000-square-foot indoor trampoline arena, in space belonging to the now shuttered Crunch Fitness.
Hang Time will open at Tower Place on Piedmont Road in February 2012, tentatively (the same complex where Modern Restaurant is opening).
“If you’re 80 years old and physically able, you too can jump,” Hassim told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Wednesday.
The arena will consist of two “Jumpers,” separated by age groups: Jumper 1 (ages 11 and older) and Jumper 2 (ages 10 and under). Each jumping area will have foam pits and offer “AIRobic” classes and dodge ball games. Referees will monitor play at all times.
Viewing lounges at eye level with wireless internet are positioned adjacent to jumping areas and an elevated area above the jumping arena will offer 360 degree viewing.
Hang Time will have a cafe and arcade as well.
Here’s how it works:
- Jumpers sign documents at the “Waiver Station.”
- Purchase “Jump Time” at the check-in counter (sold in half hour incitements). Pricing isn’t finalized but will be “affordable for all.”
- Collect wristband for “Jump Time.”
- Get fitted for helmets and jumping shoes.
- Jump, jump, jump around!
“It’s not like your old backyard trampolines,” Hassim said. “The size of Hang Time’s jumping area will be the equivalent of two basketball courts.”
To keep up with Hang Time’s progress and for more details, find them on Facebook by clicking here.
View larger map