- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 1 day ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 4 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 6 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 11 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 18 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 19 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 28 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 28 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 28 days ago
Burrito joint puts Johnny Rockets’ Buckhead location out of business
20-year-old burger joint gets chopped into guacamole.
Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, a Miami-based Tex-Mex concept, is expanding to Atlanta forcing another restaurant out on the streets.
Opening in Buckhead at 5 West Paces Ferry Road, Lime Fresh will replace Johnny Rockets, which is still open for business.
Johnny Rockets, which opened its Buckhead location in 1991, will celebrate both its 20 year anniversary and its closing, this November when its lease comes up.
Steven Snyder Jr., area manager for several Metro Atlanta Johnny Rockets locations including the West Paces Ferry one, told What Now Atlanta there’s a chance it might not close.
“Our landlord’s been telling us [Lime Fresh] is coming in,” Snyder Jr. said. “But it’s not a done deal.”
The Tex-Mex chain posted an AD on Career Builder Friday seeking applicants for the Buckhead location.
Sorry to say Snyder, but that sounds like a done deal to us.
View larger map