- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 8 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 16 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Burrito joint puts Johnny Rockets’ Buckhead location out of business
20-year-old burger joint gets chopped into guacamole.
Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, a Miami-based Tex-Mex concept, is expanding to Atlanta forcing another restaurant out on the streets.
Opening in Buckhead at 5 West Paces Ferry Road, Lime Fresh will replace Johnny Rockets, which is still open for business.
Johnny Rockets, which opened its Buckhead location in 1991, will celebrate both its 20 year anniversary and its closing, this November when its lease comes up.
Steven Snyder Jr., area manager for several Metro Atlanta Johnny Rockets locations including the West Paces Ferry one, told What Now Atlanta there’s a chance it might not close.
“Our landlord’s been telling us [Lime Fresh] is coming in,” Snyder Jr. said. “But it’s not a done deal.”
The Tex-Mex chain posted an AD on Career Builder Friday seeking applicants for the Buckhead location.
Sorry to say Snyder, but that sounds like a done deal to us.
View larger map