- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 7 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 7 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 2 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 4 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 4 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 1 week ago
Burrito joint puts Johnny Rockets’ Buckhead location out of business
20-year-old burger joint gets chopped into guacamole.
Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, a Miami-based Tex-Mex concept, is expanding to Atlanta forcing another restaurant out on the streets.
Opening in Buckhead at 5 West Paces Ferry Road, Lime Fresh will replace Johnny Rockets, which is still open for business.
Johnny Rockets, which opened its Buckhead location in 1991, will celebrate both its 20 year anniversary and its closing, this November when its lease comes up.
Steven Snyder Jr., area manager for several Metro Atlanta Johnny Rockets locations including the West Paces Ferry one, told What Now Atlanta there’s a chance it might not close.
“Our landlord’s been telling us [Lime Fresh] is coming in,” Snyder Jr. said. “But it’s not a done deal.”
The Tex-Mex chain posted an AD on Career Builder Friday seeking applicants for the Buckhead location.
Sorry to say Snyder, but that sounds like a done deal to us.
View larger map