- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 3 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 6 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 7 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 12 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 14 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 21 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 29 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 29 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 29 days ago
Modern restaurant to replace Copeland’s of Buckhead
Connecticut-based restaurant group to open tasting room, market and restaurant on Piedmont Road.
Buckhead is getting Atlanta’s newest “new American cuisine” restaurant.
It’s called Modern Buckhead, has three concepts built in one and is opening at 3356 Piedmont Road.
The space is being redesigned by architect Jay George of Evolution Design. Kane Xu, a restauranteur from Connecticut and owner of the Eastwood Restaurant Group, will open Modern in Buckhead.
The restaurant portion of the concept, as defined by its website:
The MODERN main dining room features cuisine described as “casual elegant dining” for lunch and dinner. The same menu will be available in the newly renovated bar that opens onto Piedmont Road with outdoor seating. The MODERN bar and main dining room promises to feature the most exciting New American cuisine in Atlanta with a focus on seafood along with prime meats. Offerings will range from butter poached Maine lobster with asparagus & mushroom risotto to a lamb shank slow roasted with fall glazed root vegetables served with stone ground grits and lamb jus, as well as a Wagyu burger.
The tasting room portion of the concept, as defined by its website:
The MODERN Tasting Room will be open nightly featuring five to seven courses from the Chef’s tasting menu. The Tasting Room will seat around 45 guests in addition to a chef’s table that seats 12 to 16 and is separated from the kitchen by a glass wall. MODERN Tasting Room is available by reservation, but every attempt will be made to accommodate those who walk in seeking a unique and more specialized dining experience.
The market portion of the concept, as defined by its website:
MODERN Market will be a reinvention of a “coffee shop” offering homemade bread, ice cream, a variety of desserts, coffee, tea, cappuccino and other beverages. In addition, the MODERN Market will feature signature sauces, dressings and prepared food for MODERN enthusiasts who want to enjoy the flavors in the comfort of their home. The MODERN Market will be open from early morning until midnight.
Modern is scheduled to open in the Atlanta Marketplace in early fall, 2011.
View larger map