- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
The Social House temporarily closes for renovations
Restaurant turns introvert.
UPDATE (August 25, 2011): Social House closes; Owner puts it up for sale
The Social House on Howell Mill Road has temporarily closed.
Lorenzo Wyche, the restaurant’s owner, told What Now Atlanta in an email Monday the restaurant has closed for minor renovations.
“I’m in the process of doing a small renovation. Nothing too big just to help the restaurant more efficiently,” Wyche said. “After five years there are some needed repairs that I put on the back burner but finally getting to.”
A sign posted on the restaurant’s entrance notes it will be closed until August 23. Wyche said it could open sooner.
Most of the renovations won’t be “visible” to guests, according to Wyche. Work being done to The Social House include “much needed” floor repairs, kitchen equipment upgrades and a new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Wyche ran into a little bit of trouble earlier this year when he was arrested for operating Rare Soul Tapas, another one of his restaurants, without a liquor license.
Rare has since then been sold, he said.
View larger map