- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 22 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 22 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 3 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 3 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 5 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 7 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
The Social House temporarily closes for renovations
Restaurant turns introvert.
UPDATE (August 25, 2011): Social House closes; Owner puts it up for sale
The Social House on Howell Mill Road has temporarily closed.
Lorenzo Wyche, the restaurant’s owner, told What Now Atlanta in an email Monday the restaurant has closed for minor renovations.
“I’m in the process of doing a small renovation. Nothing too big just to help the restaurant more efficiently,” Wyche said. “After five years there are some needed repairs that I put on the back burner but finally getting to.”
A sign posted on the restaurant’s entrance notes it will be closed until August 23. Wyche said it could open sooner.
Most of the renovations won’t be “visible” to guests, according to Wyche. Work being done to The Social House include “much needed” floor repairs, kitchen equipment upgrades and a new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Wyche ran into a little bit of trouble earlier this year when he was arrested for operating Rare Soul Tapas, another one of his restaurants, without a liquor license.
Rare has since then been sold, he said.
View larger map