- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
The Social House temporarily closes for renovations
Restaurant turns introvert.
UPDATE (August 25, 2011): Social House closes; Owner puts it up for sale
The Social House on Howell Mill Road has temporarily closed.
Lorenzo Wyche, the restaurant’s owner, told What Now Atlanta in an email Monday the restaurant has closed for minor renovations.
“I’m in the process of doing a small renovation. Nothing too big just to help the restaurant more efficiently,” Wyche said. “After five years there are some needed repairs that I put on the back burner but finally getting to.”
A sign posted on the restaurant’s entrance notes it will be closed until August 23. Wyche said it could open sooner.
Most of the renovations won’t be “visible” to guests, according to Wyche. Work being done to The Social House include “much needed” floor repairs, kitchen equipment upgrades and a new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Wyche ran into a little bit of trouble earlier this year when he was arrested for operating Rare Soul Tapas, another one of his restaurants, without a liquor license.
Rare has since then been sold, he said.
View larger map