- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 6 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
Is it fair that Atlantic Station is going to charge for parking if you don’t buy something?
The 150-acre Midtown development is scheduled to drop free parking without validation July 11.
Can you imagine driving to Lenox Square Mall with the intent to purchase a piece of clothing, decide against it and as a result have to pay for time parked?
But will it work for Atlantic Station?
Liz Gillespie, director of marketing for Town Center at Atlantic Station, told What Now Atlanta in an email Tuesday the development is spending $2.5 million in parking improvements as part of the development’s “evolution.”
“We’re in the middle of $2.5 million overhaul of our parking facility, including improving the way we manage, police and secure the deck for the benefit of our residents and guests,” Gillespie said. “We’ll have more parking improvement details in the days to come.”
Below are some photos of the “parking deck revamp progress,” something Gillespie says is “festive” and will help in navigating the deck.
“The color coding will certainly simplify the ‘where did I park my car?’ process,” Gillespie said.
Here’s the new parking policy (we’ve uploaded a PDF of the entire posted parking policy here):
Shoppers and guests visiting our retailers, restaurants, food trucks and other venues will receive a validation card at their point of purchase.
Guests visiting Regal Cinemas may still validate parking tickets to get an additional two hours of free parking.
Only one two-hour free validation per transaction.
Per usual, Mark Toro, managing partner at North American Properties (Atlantic Station’s new developer) is listening and will respond to your input. Let him have it!
View larger map