- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 1 day ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
Is it fair that Atlantic Station is going to charge for parking if you don’t buy something?
The 150-acre Midtown development is scheduled to drop free parking without validation July 11.
Can you imagine driving to Lenox Square Mall with the intent to purchase a piece of clothing, decide against it and as a result have to pay for time parked?
But will it work for Atlantic Station?
Liz Gillespie, director of marketing for Town Center at Atlantic Station, told What Now Atlanta in an email Tuesday the development is spending $2.5 million in parking improvements as part of the development’s “evolution.”
“We’re in the middle of $2.5 million overhaul of our parking facility, including improving the way we manage, police and secure the deck for the benefit of our residents and guests,” Gillespie said. “We’ll have more parking improvement details in the days to come.”
Below are some photos of the “parking deck revamp progress,” something Gillespie says is “festive” and will help in navigating the deck.
“The color coding will certainly simplify the ‘where did I park my car?’ process,” Gillespie said.
Here’s the new parking policy (we’ve uploaded a PDF of the entire posted parking policy here):
Shoppers and guests visiting our retailers, restaurants, food trucks and other venues will receive a validation card at their point of purchase.
Guests visiting Regal Cinemas may still validate parking tickets to get an additional two hours of free parking.
Only one two-hour free validation per transaction.
Per usual, Mark Toro, managing partner at North American Properties (Atlantic Station’s new developer) is listening and will respond to your input. Let him have it!
View larger map