- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 4 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 7 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 9 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 14 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 16 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 21 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 22 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 31 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 31 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 31 days ago
Richard Blais to open Tech Square restaurant in former Globe/Waterhaven space
‘Top Chef’ partners with Concentrics Restaurants to open Midtown restaurant.
UPDATE (August 10, 2011): Richard Blais’ new restaurant to be called The Spence
Richard Blais, the recent winner of “Top Chef All-Stars” and the executive chef behind the chain of Flip Burger Boutiques, is opening a Midtown restaurant that will serve “simple American food that tastes great,” says John Kessler with the AJC.
Currently unnamed, Blais’ new Midtown restaurant will reportedly take space of the now shuttered Waterhaven restaurant, Globe before that.
The restaurant at 75 5th Street will open under partnership with Concentrics Restaurants – the hospitality group behind One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks and Tap.
Blais is also in the process of opening a “gourmet hot dog restaurant” in the Poncey-Highland neighborhood of Atlanta. That restaurant will be called HD for “Haute Doggery,” and is scheduled to open this summer (godawful name, if you ask us).
The “Top Chef” hit a speed bump in April when his newly opened FLIP Burger Boutique Buckhead failed a random health inspection.
For Kessler’s entire report, click here.
View larger map