- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 3 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 6 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 8 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 13 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 15 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 21 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 29 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 30 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 30 days ago
W Hotel Perimeter goes ‘Independent’
W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter to reopen as an “Independent Starwood Hotel”
W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter, originally rumored to undergo re-branding as an Aloft Hotel, is scheduled for similar fate.
The 12-year-old hotel will change it’s name June 1, according to Jennifer Rusconi, director of sales and marketing for the hotel.
Atlanta Perimeter Hotel and Suites will be the property’s new name, Rusconi told What Now Atlanta over the phone Thursday.
“We’re a little more suburban,” Rusconi said. “An independent Starwood Hotel is more suitable for the area.”
Along with the W Hotel in Manhattan, the W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter is one of the two original W Hotels in North America. Atlanta — which has a W Hotel in Buckhead, Midtown and Downtown — doesn’t need a fourth location, Rusconi told What Now Atlanta.
“No other city in North America has more than three W’s,” Rusconi said.
Still owned by Starwood Hotels, the property at 111 Perimeter Center West will retain its membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program.
The Ballroom will undergo a “refresh” in July but the rest of the hotel will remain as is. The hotel’s in-house restaurant will be renamed FGT Bar and Café – a modern twist on southern favorites.
The 275-guestroom hotel will also offer “free self-parking and coffee makers,” something not available at other W Hotels.
“Paying for parking was a little bit of a surprise for most guests.”
Atlanta Perimeter Hotel and Suites
111 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta GA 30346