- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 6 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
W Hotel Perimeter goes ‘Independent’
W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter to reopen as an “Independent Starwood Hotel”
W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter, originally rumored to undergo re-branding as an Aloft Hotel, is scheduled for similar fate.
The 12-year-old hotel will change it’s name June 1, according to Jennifer Rusconi, director of sales and marketing for the hotel.
Atlanta Perimeter Hotel and Suites will be the property’s new name, Rusconi told What Now Atlanta over the phone Thursday.
“We’re a little more suburban,” Rusconi said. “An independent Starwood Hotel is more suitable for the area.”
Along with the W Hotel in Manhattan, the W Hotel Atlanta Perimeter is one of the two original W Hotels in North America. Atlanta — which has a W Hotel in Buckhead, Midtown and Downtown — doesn’t need a fourth location, Rusconi told What Now Atlanta.
“No other city in North America has more than three W’s,” Rusconi said.
Still owned by Starwood Hotels, the property at 111 Perimeter Center West will retain its membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program.
The Ballroom will undergo a “refresh” in July but the rest of the hotel will remain as is. The hotel’s in-house restaurant will be renamed FGT Bar and Café – a modern twist on southern favorites.
The 275-guestroom hotel will also offer “free self-parking and coffee makers,” something not available at other W Hotels.
“Paying for parking was a little bit of a surprise for most guests.”
Atlanta Perimeter Hotel and Suites
111 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta GA 30346