- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 14 hours ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 17 hours ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 3 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 3 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 5 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 5 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 7 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 7 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
American Eagle to close at Atlantic Station
Developer seeks advice from What Now Atlanta readers on a restaurant replacement
American Eagle Outfitters, a clothing and accessories retailer, is closing at Atlantic Station, according to developer Mark Toro.
The retailer located in the Town Center portion of Atlantic Station at 230 18th Street, will close next week, Toro told What Now Atlanta in a Twitter direct message Saturday.
“American Eagle closes next week at Atlantic Station, making room for a local chef-driven restaurant,” Toro said.
Toro and his team have been working on transforming Town Center at Atlantic Station — a district that includes Publix, the Regal 16 Cinemas, LA Fitness, retailer H&M and restaurants such as Rosa Mexicano and Dolce Entocea e Ristorante — into a “focal point for in-town Atlanta.”
“We plan to make Atlantic Station the center for the Midtown community and a focal point for in-town Atlanta,” Mark Toro said.
“Job one is to reach out to our neighbors and ask, ‘How can we work together to make Atlantic Station better serve Midtown?’ This transformation will take time. The most immediate change will be our level of engagement.”
In his message to What Now Atlanta Saturday, Toro asked, “Do you want to poll your peeps?”
So, he’s listening — What restaurateur should replace American Eagle? Tell Toro in the comment section.
American Eagle Outfitters
230 18th Street Suite 11100
Atlanta, GA 30363