- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 2 days ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 8 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 11 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 25 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 26 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
American Eagle to close at Atlantic Station
Developer seeks advice from What Now Atlanta readers on a restaurant replacement
American Eagle Outfitters, a clothing and accessories retailer, is closing at Atlantic Station, according to developer Mark Toro.
The retailer located in the Town Center portion of Atlantic Station at 230 18th Street, will close next week, Toro told What Now Atlanta in a Twitter direct message Saturday.
“American Eagle closes next week at Atlantic Station, making room for a local chef-driven restaurant,” Toro said.
Toro and his team have been working on transforming Town Center at Atlantic Station — a district that includes Publix, the Regal 16 Cinemas, LA Fitness, retailer H&M and restaurants such as Rosa Mexicano and Dolce Entocea e Ristorante — into a “focal point for in-town Atlanta.”
“We plan to make Atlantic Station the center for the Midtown community and a focal point for in-town Atlanta,” Mark Toro said.
“Job one is to reach out to our neighbors and ask, ‘How can we work together to make Atlantic Station better serve Midtown?’ This transformation will take time. The most immediate change will be our level of engagement.”
In his message to What Now Atlanta Saturday, Toro asked, “Do you want to poll your peeps?”
So, he’s listening — What restaurateur should replace American Eagle? Tell Toro in the comment section.
American Eagle Outfitters
230 18th Street Suite 11100
Atlanta, GA 30363