- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
American Eagle to close at Atlantic Station
Developer seeks advice from What Now Atlanta readers on a restaurant replacement
American Eagle Outfitters, a clothing and accessories retailer, is closing at Atlantic Station, according to developer Mark Toro.
The retailer located in the Town Center portion of Atlantic Station at 230 18th Street, will close next week, Toro told What Now Atlanta in a Twitter direct message Saturday.
“American Eagle closes next week at Atlantic Station, making room for a local chef-driven restaurant,” Toro said.
Toro and his team have been working on transforming Town Center at Atlantic Station — a district that includes Publix, the Regal 16 Cinemas, LA Fitness, retailer H&M and restaurants such as Rosa Mexicano and Dolce Entocea e Ristorante — into a “focal point for in-town Atlanta.”
“We plan to make Atlantic Station the center for the Midtown community and a focal point for in-town Atlanta,” Mark Toro said.
“Job one is to reach out to our neighbors and ask, ‘How can we work together to make Atlantic Station better serve Midtown?’ This transformation will take time. The most immediate change will be our level of engagement.”
In his message to What Now Atlanta Saturday, Toro asked, “Do you want to poll your peeps?”
So, he’s listening — What restaurateur should replace American Eagle? Tell Toro in the comment section.
American Eagle Outfitters
230 18th Street Suite 11100
Atlanta, GA 30363