- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 19 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 19 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 3 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 3 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 5 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 7 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
City shutters Rare Soul Tapas and arrests owner
City of Atlanta closes restaurant for operating without liquor license
Rare Soul Tapas has been shut down by the city of Atlanta but plans to reopen July 4 as a new “nightlife concept.”
The restaurant at 554 Piedmont Avenue was forced to close mid March after Lorenzo Wyche, owner of Rare, was cited for selling liquor without a license, according to Kevin Jones, acting deputy director for the Fulton County Department of Health Services.
“The food service establishment named Rare Soul Tapas closed on today due to failure to have a food establishment permit,” Jones said in an email.
Wyche was arrested on April 28 and released on April 30 after posting a $2,500 bond, according to his Fulton County inmate report.
He was charged for “selling/dealing alcholic,” according to the report.
What Now Atlanta called the restaurant Friday and received a voice recording confirming the restaurant has closed.
“…Beginning May 1, the restaurant will be closed indefinitely for business,” the voice recording said. “We appreciate your support over the last five years and are in the process of reopening July 4 under a new nightlife concept.”
This isn’t the first time Rare closed. The restaurant caught fire more than two years ago and reopened in January 2011.
Wyche was not immediately available for comment.
Rare Soul Tapas
554 Piedmont Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30308