- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 12 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 6 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 9 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 23 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 24 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
City shutters Rare Soul Tapas and arrests owner
City of Atlanta closes restaurant for operating without liquor license
Rare Soul Tapas has been shut down by the city of Atlanta but plans to reopen July 4 as a new “nightlife concept.”
The restaurant at 554 Piedmont Avenue was forced to close mid March after Lorenzo Wyche, owner of Rare, was cited for selling liquor without a license, according to Kevin Jones, acting deputy director for the Fulton County Department of Health Services.
“The food service establishment named Rare Soul Tapas closed on today due to failure to have a food establishment permit,” Jones said in an email.
Wyche was arrested on April 28 and released on April 30 after posting a $2,500 bond, according to his Fulton County inmate report.
He was charged for “selling/dealing alcholic,” according to the report.
What Now Atlanta called the restaurant Friday and received a voice recording confirming the restaurant has closed.
“…Beginning May 1, the restaurant will be closed indefinitely for business,” the voice recording said. “We appreciate your support over the last five years and are in the process of reopening July 4 under a new nightlife concept.”
This isn’t the first time Rare closed. The restaurant caught fire more than two years ago and reopened in January 2011.
Wyche was not immediately available for comment.
Rare Soul Tapas
554 Piedmont Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30308