- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 1 day ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 4 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 6 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 11 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 18 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 19 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 28 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 28 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 28 days ago
Centennial Inn to reopen as Holiday Inn Express
InterContinental Hotels Group to re-brand Downtown hotel
Centennial Inn Atlanta will be re-branded as a Holiday Inn Express in the coming months.
Mini Rezmi, an employee at the hotel located Downtown at 111 Cone Street, confirmed plans for the property’s remodel over the phone Tuesday.
“The hotel will reopen as a Holiday Inn Express in two months,” Rezmi said.
Centennial Inn Atlanta, formerly a Super 8 Motel, is already listed on InterContinental Hotels Group’s global hotel directory as a Holiday Inn Express and is accepting reservations.
Holiday Inn Express’ website also lists the property as “the new Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Downtown.”
What Now Atlanta received an email from reader “Al Nonomous” earlier this week alerting us to the alleged re-branding after “noticing how vacant” the property was (noting “mattresses against the windows”) and after speaking to a hotel “clerk.”
“Evidently it’s going to be a Holiday Inn Express starting in September,” Nonomous said. “Hooray for the neighborhood.”
Holiday Inn Express
111 Cone Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30303