- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Centennial Inn to reopen as Holiday Inn Express
InterContinental Hotels Group to re-brand Downtown hotel
Centennial Inn Atlanta will be re-branded as a Holiday Inn Express in the coming months.
Mini Rezmi, an employee at the hotel located Downtown at 111 Cone Street, confirmed plans for the property’s remodel over the phone Tuesday.
“The hotel will reopen as a Holiday Inn Express in two months,” Rezmi said.
Centennial Inn Atlanta, formerly a Super 8 Motel, is already listed on InterContinental Hotels Group’s global hotel directory as a Holiday Inn Express and is accepting reservations.
Holiday Inn Express’ website also lists the property as “the new Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Downtown.”
What Now Atlanta received an email from reader “Al Nonomous” earlier this week alerting us to the alleged re-branding after “noticing how vacant” the property was (noting “mattresses against the windows”) and after speaking to a hotel “clerk.”
“Evidently it’s going to be a Holiday Inn Express starting in September,” Nonomous said. “Hooray for the neighborhood.”
Holiday Inn Express
111 Cone Street Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30303