- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 3 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 5 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 10 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 17 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 18 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 27 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 27 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 27 days ago
- Landon’s Restaurant & Bar to reopen as Gladys Knight’s Chicken & WafflesPosted 32 days ago
OMG Taco to open in Little Five Points
Taco joint to serve “hybrid tacos” made from Korean & Mexican ingredients
OMG Taco will open their first location in Little Five Points on the corner of Euclid and Colquitt Avenues, according to a permit filed with the city of Atlanta Wednesday.
Taking the now shuttered Sweet Lime space at 1126 Euclid Avenue, OMG Taco will specialize in fusing Korean gogi (beef) and Mexican ingredients, according to the taco restaurant’s website.
Dubbed “hybrid tacos,” the restaurant will combine Korean ingredients such as kimchi, bulgogi and kalbi (short-rib), with traditional taco toppings such as cilantro, tomatoes and jalapenos.
Beyond confusing the taste buds, OMG Taco explains their use of the acronym “OMG” as an abbreviation of “Oh MmMm Gogi,” referencing the Korean beef.
OMG Taco will also offer burritos and quesadilla, all made from fusing “Korean tastes and tradition with Mexico’s rich Latin culture at a recession-proof price.”
We asked Little Five Points resident Kevin Hodge, who was walking past the location Wednesday, what he thought about OMG Taco opening there.
“Hell, I can’t pay for it either way,” Hodge said.
1126 Euclid Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307