- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
OMG Taco to open in Little Five Points
Taco joint to serve “hybrid tacos” made from Korean & Mexican ingredients
OMG Taco will open their first location in Little Five Points on the corner of Euclid and Colquitt Avenues, according to a permit filed with the city of Atlanta Wednesday.
Taking the now shuttered Sweet Lime space at 1126 Euclid Avenue, OMG Taco will specialize in fusing Korean gogi (beef) and Mexican ingredients, according to the taco restaurant’s website.
Dubbed “hybrid tacos,” the restaurant will combine Korean ingredients such as kimchi, bulgogi and kalbi (short-rib), with traditional taco toppings such as cilantro, tomatoes and jalapenos.
Beyond confusing the taste buds, OMG Taco explains their use of the acronym “OMG” as an abbreviation of “Oh MmMm Gogi,” referencing the Korean beef.
OMG Taco will also offer burritos and quesadilla, all made from fusing “Korean tastes and tradition with Mexico’s rich Latin culture at a recession-proof price.”
We asked Little Five Points resident Kevin Hodge, who was walking past the location Wednesday, what he thought about OMG Taco opening there.
“Hell, I can’t pay for it either way,” Hodge said.
1126 Euclid Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307