- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
OMG Taco to open in Little Five Points
Taco joint to serve “hybrid tacos” made from Korean & Mexican ingredients
OMG Taco will open their first location in Little Five Points on the corner of Euclid and Colquitt Avenues, according to a permit filed with the city of Atlanta Wednesday.
Taking the now shuttered Sweet Lime space at 1126 Euclid Avenue, OMG Taco will specialize in fusing Korean gogi (beef) and Mexican ingredients, according to the taco restaurant’s website.
Dubbed “hybrid tacos,” the restaurant will combine Korean ingredients such as kimchi, bulgogi and kalbi (short-rib), with traditional taco toppings such as cilantro, tomatoes and jalapenos.
Beyond confusing the taste buds, OMG Taco explains their use of the acronym “OMG” as an abbreviation of “Oh MmMm Gogi,” referencing the Korean beef.
OMG Taco will also offer burritos and quesadilla, all made from fusing “Korean tastes and tradition with Mexico’s rich Latin culture at a recession-proof price.”
We asked Little Five Points resident Kevin Hodge, who was walking past the location Wednesday, what he thought about OMG Taco opening there.
“Hell, I can’t pay for it either way,” Hodge said.
1126 Euclid Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307