- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 1 day ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 1 day ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
OMG Taco to open in Little Five Points
Taco joint to serve “hybrid tacos” made from Korean & Mexican ingredients
OMG Taco will open their first location in Little Five Points on the corner of Euclid and Colquitt Avenues, according to a permit filed with the city of Atlanta Wednesday.
Taking the now shuttered Sweet Lime space at 1126 Euclid Avenue, OMG Taco will specialize in fusing Korean gogi (beef) and Mexican ingredients, according to the taco restaurant’s website.
Dubbed “hybrid tacos,” the restaurant will combine Korean ingredients such as kimchi, bulgogi and kalbi (short-rib), with traditional taco toppings such as cilantro, tomatoes and jalapenos.
Beyond confusing the taste buds, OMG Taco explains their use of the acronym “OMG” as an abbreviation of “Oh MmMm Gogi,” referencing the Korean beef.
OMG Taco will also offer burritos and quesadilla, all made from fusing “Korean tastes and tradition with Mexico’s rich Latin culture at a recession-proof price.”
We asked Little Five Points resident Kevin Hodge, who was walking past the location Wednesday, what he thought about OMG Taco opening there.
“Hell, I can’t pay for it either way,” Hodge said.
1126 Euclid Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307