- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 1 day ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
Real Chow Baby owner to launch quick-serve dim sum concept
Mike Blum, co-creator of the stir-fry based franchise, to open Yum Bunz
UPDATE (May 15, 2012):
Yum Bunz finalizes plans to open West Midtown restaurant
Yum Bunz, a quick-serve dim sum restaurant, will open it’s first location late summer or early fall of this year, according to James Oxendine with Atlanta Magazine.
The dim sum restaurant that will specialize in bao, fluffy Chinese buns stuffed with barbecued roast pork and other fillings, is the brainchild of Mike Blum, the report notes.
Blum is co-creator of The Real Chow Baby restaurants.
In a recent interview, Blum told Oxendine he was scouting out possible locations for the first Yum Bunz.
“Hoping to find a location in either Midtown, the Westside, or the Old Fourth Ward,” Blum said in the interview.
Inspiration behind his concept comes from “Roy Choi and the Kogi Food Truck,” according to Blum, as well as “Wow Bao from Rich Melman and the Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants.”
Sounds to us like he’s going for a food truck feel– without the truck.
For more details on the new concept and the inspiration behind launching, read the rest of Oxendine’s thoughtful interview here.