- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Real Chow Baby owner to launch quick-serve dim sum concept
Mike Blum, co-creator of the stir-fry based franchise, to open Yum Bunz
UPDATE (May 15, 2012):
Yum Bunz finalizes plans to open West Midtown restaurant
Yum Bunz, a quick-serve dim sum restaurant, will open it’s first location late summer or early fall of this year, according to James Oxendine with Atlanta Magazine.
The dim sum restaurant that will specialize in bao, fluffy Chinese buns stuffed with barbecued roast pork and other fillings, is the brainchild of Mike Blum, the report notes.
Blum is co-creator of The Real Chow Baby restaurants.
In a recent interview, Blum told Oxendine he was scouting out possible locations for the first Yum Bunz.
“Hoping to find a location in either Midtown, the Westside, or the Old Fourth Ward,” Blum said in the interview.
Inspiration behind his concept comes from “Roy Choi and the Kogi Food Truck,” according to Blum, as well as “Wow Bao from Rich Melman and the Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants.”
Sounds to us like he’s going for a food truck feel– without the truck.
For more details on the new concept and the inspiration behind launching, read the rest of Oxendine’s thoughtful interview here.