- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Real Chow Baby owner to launch quick-serve dim sum concept
Mike Blum, co-creator of the stir-fry based franchise, to open Yum Bunz
UPDATE (May 15, 2012):
Yum Bunz finalizes plans to open West Midtown restaurant
Yum Bunz, a quick-serve dim sum restaurant, will open it’s first location late summer or early fall of this year, according to James Oxendine with Atlanta Magazine.
The dim sum restaurant that will specialize in bao, fluffy Chinese buns stuffed with barbecued roast pork and other fillings, is the brainchild of Mike Blum, the report notes.
Blum is co-creator of The Real Chow Baby restaurants.
In a recent interview, Blum told Oxendine he was scouting out possible locations for the first Yum Bunz.
“Hoping to find a location in either Midtown, the Westside, or the Old Fourth Ward,” Blum said in the interview.
Inspiration behind his concept comes from “Roy Choi and the Kogi Food Truck,” according to Blum, as well as “Wow Bao from Rich Melman and the Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants.”
Sounds to us like he’s going for a food truck feel– without the truck.
For more details on the new concept and the inspiration behind launching, read the rest of Oxendine’s thoughtful interview here.