- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
The Spotted Trotter to open Kirkwood storefront
Mobile purveyor of charcuterie grows roots in Kirkwood Park
The Spotted Trotter Charcuterie is opening a bricks-and-mortar location.
The delicatessen will offer processed meats and retail from a 1,334-square-foot storefront at 1610 Hosea L. Williams Drive in Kirkwood, according to a permit filed with the City of Atlanta in March.
Kevin Ouzts (”Oots”), chef and owner, confirms the now shuttered Corner Market located in the Kirkwood Park shopping center will be home to The Spotted Trotter.
“We start building next week,” Ouzts told What Now Atlanta Sunday. “We have been told it is a six week planned build-out.”
The Spotted Trotter was originally slated for the East Atlanta Village, according to Ouzts.
Ouzts launched The Spotted Trotter in June of last year as the city’s first mobile purveyor of charcuterie offering different kinds of sausage and cured meats.
Ouzts’ and his culinary team currently offer their cured meat products at various markets including Decatur Farmer’s Market, Peachtree Road Farmer’s Market and Sawicki’s Meat, Seafood & More.
The Spotted Trotter Charcuterie
1610 Hosea L. Williams Drive NE
Atlanta GA, 30317