- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Will new grocer make Castleberry Hill wig out?
Acme Market to replace weave shop Downtown
UPDATE: (April 12): Castleberry Hill to get ‘natural food depot”
Castleberry hill will soon be home to an Acme Market grocery store.
The now shuttered Kim Miller’s Hair Gallery at 249 Peters Street next door to Off The Hook Barber Shop will house the grocer, according to a building permit filed with the city of Atlanta Monday.
The Philadelphia based self-service supermarket founded in the the late 1930′s might have you thinking: Acme market is still around? Or better yet: what the heck is Acme? This got our head’s to scratchin’ too.
A quick search for Acme in Georgia on the grocer’s website’s “find a store” feature turns no results. According to the grocer’s website, Acme has a total of 117 locations nationwide.
So, is it a fit for the neighborhood? Can Acme sustain business in Castleberry Hill or will the weave shop’s bad hair day be relived?
249 Peters Street SW
Atlanta GA, 30313