- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Will new grocer make Castleberry Hill wig out?
Acme Market to replace weave shop Downtown
UPDATE: (April 12): Castleberry Hill to get ‘natural food depot”
Castleberry hill will soon be home to an Acme Market grocery store.
The now shuttered Kim Miller’s Hair Gallery at 249 Peters Street next door to Off The Hook Barber Shop will house the grocer, according to a building permit filed with the city of Atlanta Monday.
The Philadelphia based self-service supermarket founded in the the late 1930′s might have you thinking: Acme market is still around? Or better yet: what the heck is Acme? This got our head’s to scratchin’ too.
A quick search for Acme in Georgia on the grocer’s website’s “find a store” feature turns no results. According to the grocer’s website, Acme has a total of 117 locations nationwide.
So, is it a fit for the neighborhood? Can Acme sustain business in Castleberry Hill or will the weave shop’s bad hair day be relived?
249 Peters Street SW
Atlanta GA, 30313