- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 2 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 4 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 4 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 6 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 6 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
Will new grocer make Castleberry Hill wig out?
Acme Market to replace weave shop Downtown
UPDATE: (April 12): Castleberry Hill to get ‘natural food depot”
Castleberry hill will soon be home to an Acme Market grocery store.
The now shuttered Kim Miller’s Hair Gallery at 249 Peters Street next door to Off The Hook Barber Shop will house the grocer, according to a building permit filed with the city of Atlanta Monday.
The Philadelphia based self-service supermarket founded in the the late 1930′s might have you thinking: Acme market is still around? Or better yet: what the heck is Acme? This got our head’s to scratchin’ too.
A quick search for Acme in Georgia on the grocer’s website’s “find a store” feature turns no results. According to the grocer’s website, Acme has a total of 117 locations nationwide.
So, is it a fit for the neighborhood? Can Acme sustain business in Castleberry Hill or will the weave shop’s bad hair day be relived?
249 Peters Street SW
Atlanta GA, 30313