- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 1 day ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 4 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 6 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 11 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 19 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 28 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 28 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 28 days ago
Are electric cars the future of Atlantic Station?
No. But they’re banking on forward thinking drivers to shop there.
Charging stations for electric cars will be installed at Atlantic Station as early as April, according to a report from WABE.
The mixed-use development at 1380 Atlantic Drive could spend $20,000 to $30,000 on each station hoping to encourage the use of electric cars, the report says. They could be located near Dillard’s or Regal Cinemas.
Atlantic Station ran a survey on their blog and Facebook soliciting the community’s input asking questions like, “are you planing on purchasing an electric car in the [near] future” and “would an on-site charging station for electric cars at Atlantic Station be of interest to you?”
Atlantic Station officials believe that even though electric cars only account for a small percentage of vehicles on the road, charging stations at the Midtown development will promote public education on alternative energy cars.
We’re all for these electric charging stations but just one thing: will it charge our iPhones?– share your thoughts!