- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Are electric cars the future of Atlantic Station?
No. But they’re banking on forward thinking drivers to shop there.
Charging stations for electric cars will be installed at Atlantic Station as early as April, according to a report from WABE.
The mixed-use development at 1380 Atlantic Drive could spend $20,000 to $30,000 on each station hoping to encourage the use of electric cars, the report says. They could be located near Dillard’s or Regal Cinemas.
Atlantic Station ran a survey on their blog and Facebook soliciting the community’s input asking questions like, “are you planing on purchasing an electric car in the [near] future” and “would an on-site charging station for electric cars at Atlantic Station be of interest to you?”
Atlantic Station officials believe that even though electric cars only account for a small percentage of vehicles on the road, charging stations at the Midtown development will promote public education on alternative energy cars.
We’re all for these electric charging stations but just one thing: will it charge our iPhones?– share your thoughts!