- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Are electric cars the future of Atlantic Station?
No. But they’re banking on forward thinking drivers to shop there.
Charging stations for electric cars will be installed at Atlantic Station as early as April, according to a report from WABE.
The mixed-use development at 1380 Atlantic Drive could spend $20,000 to $30,000 on each station hoping to encourage the use of electric cars, the report says. They could be located near Dillard’s or Regal Cinemas.
Atlantic Station ran a survey on their blog and Facebook soliciting the community’s input asking questions like, “are you planing on purchasing an electric car in the [near] future” and “would an on-site charging station for electric cars at Atlantic Station be of interest to you?”
Atlantic Station officials believe that even though electric cars only account for a small percentage of vehicles on the road, charging stations at the Midtown development will promote public education on alternative energy cars.
We’re all for these electric charging stations but just one thing: will it charge our iPhones?– share your thoughts!