- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 17 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 18 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 3 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
Are electric cars the future of Atlantic Station?
No. But they’re banking on forward thinking drivers to shop there.
Charging stations for electric cars will be installed at Atlantic Station as early as April, according to a report from WABE.
The mixed-use development at 1380 Atlantic Drive could spend $20,000 to $30,000 on each station hoping to encourage the use of electric cars, the report says. They could be located near Dillard’s or Regal Cinemas.
Atlantic Station ran a survey on their blog and Facebook soliciting the community’s input asking questions like, “are you planing on purchasing an electric car in the [near] future” and “would an on-site charging station for electric cars at Atlantic Station be of interest to you?”
Atlantic Station officials believe that even though electric cars only account for a small percentage of vehicles on the road, charging stations at the Midtown development will promote public education on alternative energy cars.
We’re all for these electric charging stations but just one thing: will it charge our iPhones?– share your thoughts!