- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Bell Street Burritos takes former Wachovia space in East Atlanta Village
Owner of Grant Central Pizza tries his hand at burritos
UPDATE (September 9, 2011): Bell Street Burritos forced out of opening in East Atlanta, plans another location
This past November, we reported Grant Central Pizza would probably relocate their East Atlanta Village (EAV) location to the shuttered Wachovia Bank down the street.
What Now Atlanta learned today through East Atlanta Patch that they have in fact purchased the space, but for a new concept.
Located at 1246 Glenwood Avenue, the Wachovia space will reopen as Bell Street Burritos in April. The 1,800-square-foot Wachovia on Glenwood Avenue closed in 2007.
Bell Street Burritos currently has a location in the Sweet Auburn Curb Market Downtown.
Eric Kaier, owner of Grant Central, said the restaurant will be non-smoking and will offer Burritos at a price point of $5 to $7 for most meals.
East Atlanta Patch notes that the area has been without a “burrito-centric” restaurant for nearly six years, when Burrito Art was open.
Kaiser said he plans to retain as much of the building’s bank-like character as he can, repainting it and replacing the windows to be as close to original as possible.
(Photo credit: East Atlanta Patch)
Bell Street Burritos
1246 Glenwood Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30316