- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Bell Street Burritos takes former Wachovia space in East Atlanta Village
Owner of Grant Central Pizza tries his hand at burritos
UPDATE (September 9, 2011): Bell Street Burritos forced out of opening in East Atlanta, plans another location
This past November, we reported Grant Central Pizza would probably relocate their East Atlanta Village (EAV) location to the shuttered Wachovia Bank down the street.
What Now Atlanta learned today through East Atlanta Patch that they have in fact purchased the space, but for a new concept.
Located at 1246 Glenwood Avenue, the Wachovia space will reopen as Bell Street Burritos in April. The 1,800-square-foot Wachovia on Glenwood Avenue closed in 2007.
Bell Street Burritos currently has a location in the Sweet Auburn Curb Market Downtown.
Eric Kaier, owner of Grant Central, said the restaurant will be non-smoking and will offer Burritos at a price point of $5 to $7 for most meals.
East Atlanta Patch notes that the area has been without a “burrito-centric” restaurant for nearly six years, when Burrito Art was open.
Kaiser said he plans to retain as much of the building’s bank-like character as he can, repainting it and replacing the windows to be as close to original as possible.
(Photo credit: East Atlanta Patch)
Bell Street Burritos
1246 Glenwood Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30316