- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 8 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 9 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 2 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 2 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 4 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 6 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Riccardo Ullio gives another stab at Midtown with new restaurant concept
Escorpión to take failed Eno by Zaza (most recently 5th Street Cafe) space
Riccardo Ullio, owner of Atlanta favorites Sotto Sotto and Fritti of U Restaurants, will open a new Midtown restaurant.
Escorpión, the name of Ullio’s newest venture, will open in the former Eno by Zaza space (most recently 5th Street Cafe), according to management at both Sotto Sotto and Fritti.
Located at 800 Peachtree street, Escorpión will be the third concept the space has seen in less than two years.
5th Street Cafe closed after a mere 78 days in business, owned by Atlanta Hawks’ Zaza Pachulia (story here).
Escorpión will also be Ullio’s fourth attempt at a successful Midtown restaurant. Ullio opened three concepts at 905 Juniper in Midtown (Cuerno, Lupe and Beleza) all which are now closed (story here).
Still under development, U Restaurants has not released any specifics on the concept and have no comment at this time.
Here’s to hoping Ullio doesn’t get stung a fourth time in Midtown.
800 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308