- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Django Gypsy Kitchen and Saloon closes Downtown
But there’s movement at the space
Downtown’s Django Gypsy Kitchen and Saloon closed last week, according to nearby businesses.
Located at 495 Peachtree Street NE next to Atlanta’s largest homeless shelter, a visit to the space confirms they’ve shuttered.
Highly placed sources say the restaurant owners walked out on the lease.
But whether or not they’ve closed for good is still up for debate and has not been confirmed.
Staff at the neighboring hair studio suggest Django’s planned on closing for renovations to reopen under new management as a similar concept. These rumors surfaced late last year, presumably in November.
There is indication that would suggest this rumor to be true: ladders and other constructional equipment look in use, lights are left on and flooring seems to be getting replaced.
All circumstantial of course, considering the landlord may just be making improvements to the abandoned space.
Django Gypsy Kitchen and Saloon
495 Peachtree Street Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30308