- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
- Topshop/Topman opening Atlanta location
Noon Cafe and Bar closes at 1010 Midtown
1010 Midtown’s first tenant in is first out
Noon Cafe and Bar, located at 1050 Crescent Ave NE, has closed.
Jasmine Ward, the weekend concierge at the condominium complex where the restaurant leased space, confirmed their last day in business was Jan. 7.
Ward agrees it was almost next to impossible to keep up with Noon’s hours of operation as they went through several changes, adapting to the neighborhood’s needs, making it even more impossible to confirm they had closed.
Originally opened on Sundays, the restaurant went to serving six days a week only, with hours from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Noon gave their try at serving dinner but pulled the plug early into their trial run.
The restaurant first opened in 2009 under couple, Ross D. Davis and Katie Birmingham. Davis, an architect who designed the space alongside ai3 and Birmingham, former sous-chef de cuisine at Anne Quatrano’s Bacchanalia.
We were personally vested in their success having followed their journey from pre construction to closing and are distraught to see them close.
We wish them well in their future endeavours.
[Editors note: Though the intranets were abuzz with rumors of Noon's closure, it took us hours and hours of research to confirm. Staff at 1010 Midtown, neighboring restaurants, the Midtown Alliance and other reputable journalists were unable to provide confident confirmation on their closure. Sometimes, gathering these details can be quite time consuming and next to impossible to retrieve but rest assured that we do not hold these closings lightly and work hard to provide the most accurate information for our readers.]
1050 Crescent Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30309