- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 18 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 6 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 9 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 11 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 16 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 18 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 23 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 24 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 33 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 33 days ago
Kirkwood Public House closes; Owner puts it up for sale
Price: $245,000. But hey, it includes the Facebook page.
UPDATE (March 14, 2011): Kirkwood Public House to reopen as VIP Sports Bar and Lounge
Kirkwood Public House will close tonight, Jan. 2.
Located at 1963 Hosea Williams drive in Kirkwood, the restaurant first opened in August of 2007 and is now listed for sale through the Shumacher Group.
Ever the optimist, Owner John Turpin believes the restaurant will sell and reopen under new ownership within 90 days. We don’t mean to piss on anybody’s corn flakes, but that seems to be a bit of a stretch.
“The closure is positive though,” said Turpin, who adds he is closing Kirkwood Public House to pursue his passions. Ay ya yai, positive? For Turpin, sure. For all the people who lost their jobs? Not so much.
“I’ve discovered my passion is in designing restaurants and building them. Not running them.”
Turpin is currently designing and consulting for a “French inspired bistro” that will open Downtown Locust Grove.
“I’ve had customers coming in crying thinking that I am losing everything. That’s not the case.”
We believe you Mr. Turpin. Your employees are.
“There is enough doom and gloom in Atlanta and the decisions I made are strictly provoked from pursuing my passions.”
Turpin adds that five potential owners are negotiating for the space.
“I am willing to entertain other offers, though.”
Anybody’s corn flakes getting wet?
Kirkwood Public House
1963 Hosea Williams Drive
Atlanta GA, 30317