- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 17 hours ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 11 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 16 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 18 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 33 days ago
W Hotel Perimeter to close
Starwood to replace Atlanta’s first W with new 281-room hotel
UPDATE (May 26, 2011): W Hotel Perimeter goes ‘Independent
W Atlanta – Perimeter is closing, according to the Shopping Center Group.
The retail real estate brokerage firm notes on a sales PDF for “two restaurant outparcels” on the same property as the hotel, that the W Hotel “is being renovated into a 281-room Starwood Aloft Hotel.”
Located at 111 Perimeter Center West, the hotel was the first W in Atlanta and the second location nationwide for the brand.
W Atlanta – Perimeter first opened in 1999 and welcomed the addition of the W Atlanta – Midtown and the W Atlanta – Downtown.
Earlier this year, Hotel Chatter posted rumors that the W Atlanta – Perimeter would close but was unable to confirm.
Aloft Hotel currently lists a coming soon location for Buckhead at the “intersection of Peachtree Road and Piedmont Road,” opening Sept. 1, 2012 but does not list the Perimeter location.
The hotel was also rumored to be opening alongside the W Downtown and was originally announced to open at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Aloft is a Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. property and is “infused with the DNA of W,” according to a press release announcing the brand back in June, 2007.
Aloft will offer a total sensory experience, with guest lofts featuring nine-foot ceilings and oversized windows to create a bright, airy environment. The centerpiece of the room will be the ultra-comfortable signature bed, and large stylish bathrooms will complement the guest experience with oversized walk-in showers and amenities created by bliss® spa. Each guest loft will also be a combination high-tech office and entertainment center, featuring wireless internet access and plug & play, a one-stop connectivity solution for multiple electronic gadgetry such as PDAs, cell phones, mp3 players and laptops – all linked to a large flat panel HDTV ready television for optimal sound and viewing.
There is currently no time frame for the renovation. More details when they’re available.
W Atlanta – Perimeter
111 Perimeter Center West
Atlanta, GA 30346
(H/T to reader, Gabe Dalusky, for the sending tip)