- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Former Adult Toy Shop owner to open Cupcake Lounge in Grant Park
Can a woman who sold dildos sell cupcakes?
They’re not that different.
It’s about giving people want they want, according to entrepreneur Tajuansar (Taj) Diallo.
Leaving her Adult Toy Store behind in Milledgeville Georgia, Diallo will open her Cupcake Lounge at 415 C Memorial Drive (next to Tin Lizzy’s) by Christmas Eve.
Offering sweet, savory and cocktail cupcakes as well as soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch and tapas for dinner, Diallo refers to the shop as a cross between an “ultra lounge and a delicatessen.”
Now about those cupcakes. Don’t eat too many or you’ll blow a .08. Most will be alcohol-infused (let’s hope she doesn’t use well drinks). And when it comes to baking, size matters, but not in the way you think.
“There’s no need for gigantic cupcakes. The ingredients are what are important. I get very upset when people serve me pre-mixed battered cupcakes. I hate it.”
Using recipes from her mother and grandmother, Diallo plans on serving cupcakes ($2.75 each and cocktail cupcakes for $4.50 each) comparable to Cami Cakes in Buckhead but with a lounge type experience.
“Nobody is going to order a cupcake and leave.”
We’ll take ours with the vibrating cherry.
415-c Memorial Dr
Atlanta, GA 30312