Former Adult Toy Shop owner to open Cupcake Lounge in Grant Park

By on December 20, 2010

cupckae lounge opening in grant park ~ what now, atlanta?

Can a woman who sold dildos sell cupcakes?

They’re not that different.

It’s about giving people want they want, according to entrepreneur Tajuansar (Taj) Diallo.

Leaving her Adult Toy Store behind in Milledgeville Georgia, Diallo will open her Cupcake Lounge at 415 C Memorial Drive (next to Tin Lizzy’s) by Christmas Eve.

Offering  sweet, savory and cocktail cupcakes as well as soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch and tapas for dinner, Diallo refers to the shop as a cross between an “ultra lounge and a delicatessen.”

We’re speechless.

Now about those cupcakes.  Don’t eat too many or you’ll blow a .08.  Most will be alcohol-infused (let’s hope she doesn’t use well drinks).  And when it comes to baking, size matters, but not in the way you think.

“There’s no need for gigantic cupcakes. The ingredients are what are important. I get very upset when people serve me pre-mixed battered cupcakes. I hate it.”

Using recipes from her mother and grandmother, Diallo plans on serving cupcakes  ($2.75 each and cocktail cupcakes for $4.50 each) comparable to Cami Cakes in Buckhead but with a lounge type experience.

“Nobody is going to order a cupcake and leave.”

We’ll take ours with the vibrating cherry.

Cupcake Lounge
415-c Memorial Dr
Atlanta, GA 30312

1. Simon

December 20, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Good God. Cupcakes, burgers, frozen yoghurt. Enough already. Pies. We need meat pies.

2. Dana

December 21, 2010 at 9:21 am

I think this is an interesting concept. I like how the interior looks and I would love to test it out. I’m not a huge cupcake person, but I do enjoy the occasional Cami Cake and Cocktail Cupcakes. So this might be a great alternative to the two, especially with the lounge concept.

3. tlt

December 22, 2010 at 2:16 am

Any idea who did the interior?

4. calebjspivak

December 22, 2010 at 10:09 am

hi tlt! the owner, taj diallo, did the interior design herself!

–cjs

5. tlt

December 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Okay, thanks. It has a bit of the look of ai3 about it, but I know they don’t work cheap.

6. Johnny

December 28, 2010 at 9:52 pm

i give this place 3 months before it closes :(

7. IJP

January 24, 2011 at 2:03 pm

So I anxiously waited the grand opening to try the cupcakes that has pretty good reviews and has been compare to Cami Cakes. I ordered four different flavor (carrot, red velvet, key lime and white choc) of the four only one was eaten the reminder was not edible. The decor of the lounge is nice and the staff is friendly, however the cupcakes can’t compare to CC.