- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Former Adult Toy Shop owner to open Cupcake Lounge in Grant Park
Can a woman who sold dildos sell cupcakes?
They’re not that different.
It’s about giving people want they want, according to entrepreneur Tajuansar (Taj) Diallo.
Leaving her Adult Toy Store behind in Milledgeville Georgia, Diallo will open her Cupcake Lounge at 415 C Memorial Drive (next to Tin Lizzy’s) by Christmas Eve.
Offering sweet, savory and cocktail cupcakes as well as soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch and tapas for dinner, Diallo refers to the shop as a cross between an “ultra lounge and a delicatessen.”
Now about those cupcakes. Don’t eat too many or you’ll blow a .08. Most will be alcohol-infused (let’s hope she doesn’t use well drinks). And when it comes to baking, size matters, but not in the way you think.
“There’s no need for gigantic cupcakes. The ingredients are what are important. I get very upset when people serve me pre-mixed battered cupcakes. I hate it.”
Using recipes from her mother and grandmother, Diallo plans on serving cupcakes ($2.75 each and cocktail cupcakes for $4.50 each) comparable to Cami Cakes in Buckhead but with a lounge type experience.
“Nobody is going to order a cupcake and leave.”
We’ll take ours with the vibrating cherry.
415-c Memorial Dr
Atlanta, GA 30312