- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 1 day ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 1 day ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 3 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 3 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 5 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Former Adult Toy Shop owner to open Cupcake Lounge in Grant Park
Can a woman who sold dildos sell cupcakes?
They’re not that different.
It’s about giving people want they want, according to entrepreneur Tajuansar (Taj) Diallo.
Leaving her Adult Toy Store behind in Milledgeville Georgia, Diallo will open her Cupcake Lounge at 415 C Memorial Drive (next to Tin Lizzy’s) by Christmas Eve.
Offering sweet, savory and cocktail cupcakes as well as soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch and tapas for dinner, Diallo refers to the shop as a cross between an “ultra lounge and a delicatessen.”
Now about those cupcakes. Don’t eat too many or you’ll blow a .08. Most will be alcohol-infused (let’s hope she doesn’t use well drinks). And when it comes to baking, size matters, but not in the way you think.
“There’s no need for gigantic cupcakes. The ingredients are what are important. I get very upset when people serve me pre-mixed battered cupcakes. I hate it.”
Using recipes from her mother and grandmother, Diallo plans on serving cupcakes ($2.75 each and cocktail cupcakes for $4.50 each) comparable to Cami Cakes in Buckhead but with a lounge type experience.
“Nobody is going to order a cupcake and leave.”
We’ll take ours with the vibrating cherry.
415-c Memorial Dr
Atlanta, GA 30312