- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 2 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 5 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 7 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 12 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 14 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 20 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 29 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 29 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 29 days ago
Former Adult Toy Shop owner to open Cupcake Lounge in Grant Park
Can a woman who sold dildos sell cupcakes?
They’re not that different.
It’s about giving people want they want, according to entrepreneur Tajuansar (Taj) Diallo.
Leaving her Adult Toy Store behind in Milledgeville Georgia, Diallo will open her Cupcake Lounge at 415 C Memorial Drive (next to Tin Lizzy’s) by Christmas Eve.
Offering sweet, savory and cocktail cupcakes as well as soups, salads and sandwiches for lunch and tapas for dinner, Diallo refers to the shop as a cross between an “ultra lounge and a delicatessen.”
Now about those cupcakes. Don’t eat too many or you’ll blow a .08. Most will be alcohol-infused (let’s hope she doesn’t use well drinks). And when it comes to baking, size matters, but not in the way you think.
“There’s no need for gigantic cupcakes. The ingredients are what are important. I get very upset when people serve me pre-mixed battered cupcakes. I hate it.”
Using recipes from her mother and grandmother, Diallo plans on serving cupcakes ($2.75 each and cocktail cupcakes for $4.50 each) comparable to Cami Cakes in Buckhead but with a lounge type experience.
“Nobody is going to order a cupcake and leave.”
We’ll take ours with the vibrating cherry.
415-c Memorial Dr
Atlanta, GA 30312