- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 47 mins ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 6 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
Work finally begins at Loews’ STK restaurant
Atlanta’s ready to stick a fork in it.
UPDATE (August 22, 2011): Loews’ STK restaurant nears opening, files permit for sign
After more than ten months of waiting, New York-based steakhouse Franchise, STK, has filed a building permit with City of Atlanta to begin construction.
The restaurant announced in February that it would enter the Atlanta market by December, opening at the Loews Hotel in the 12th and Midtown development.
Work identified in the permit includes an “interior finish” and the conversion of “retail space into a restaurant.”
Located at 1075 Peachtree, STK will occupy a 12,000-square-foot space on two levels in the 12th and Midtown development. The restaurant currently has locations in Los Angeles, Miami and New York.
Here is a rendering of the decor for STK Atlanta:
Rendering photo credit: The Atlantan
1065 Peachtree Street
Atlanta GA, 30309