- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 22 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 32 days ago
Work finally begins at Loews’ STK restaurant
Atlanta’s ready to stick a fork in it.
UPDATE (August 22, 2011): Loews’ STK restaurant nears opening, files permit for sign
After more than ten months of waiting, New York-based steakhouse Franchise, STK, has filed a building permit with City of Atlanta to begin construction.
The restaurant announced in February that it would enter the Atlanta market by December, opening at the Loews Hotel in the 12th and Midtown development.
Work identified in the permit includes an “interior finish” and the conversion of “retail space into a restaurant.”
Located at 1075 Peachtree, STK will occupy a 12,000-square-foot space on two levels in the 12th and Midtown development. The restaurant currently has locations in Los Angeles, Miami and New York.
Here is a rendering of the decor for STK Atlanta:
Rendering photo credit: The Atlantan
1065 Peachtree Street
Atlanta GA, 30309