- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Condesa Coffee Opening At The Tribute Lofts
Authentic Mexican Coffee House Opening In Old Fourth Ward
Condesa Coffee is slated to open this October at 480 John Wesley Dobbs avenue in the Tribute Lofts mercantile space.
Located in The Old Fourth Ward, the space makes full use of exposed concrete, 20 foot ceilings, and a wall of windows opening onto a large patio facing the newly re-paved PATH trail.
Seating for 30 inside includes a variety of bar, table, and armchair options. Reclaimed wood recycled from century old neighborhood warehouses highlights raw concrete, custom lighting, and modern design elements. The patio allows seating for 40 or more.
A custom made La Marzocco espresso machine is the centerpiece of the poured concrete bar top, while a secondary bar will showcase and serve boutique wines and beers from Southern Europe and Latin America.
Condesa’s menu will include a myriad of coffee and specialty beverages, in addition to Spanish style Bocatas and salads, soups, small plates, charcuterie, and a variety of pastries and desserts.
Here are a few samples from the Condesa Coffee food menu:
* Spanish Chorizo, manchego, roasted piquillo peppers
* Soppreseta with smoked gouda and olive tapenade
* Jamon Serrano and manchego
* Lemon roasted chicken, havarti, dill, cucumber
* Chorizo and butter bean
* Moroccan chicken
* Bacon, tomato and creme fraiche
* Bonito Del Norte tuna with roasted piquillo peppers, mixed field greens, house vinaigrette
* Jalisco chicken with jicama and avocado
* Apple and shaved goat cheese over mixed field greens with honey vinaigrette
Breakfast, Breads, Pastries & Desserts:
* House demi-baguette
* Seasonal fruit tart
* Stonyfield Yogurt parfait with seasonal berries and house granola
* House made Tres Leches
* Olive oil cake
* Blueberry scone with clotted crème and Bonne Mamon preserves
What seems to be a promising concept is opening in a very challenging complex. There has to be a flourishing retail or restaurant concept to succeed at Tribute Lofts which originally opened in 2007.
The major downfall, for a property with some of the best panoramic views of Atlanta, is it’s proximity. Walking for residents and guests is simply out of the question.
What are your thoughts– will Condesa succeed?
480 John Wesley Dobbs Ave. NE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA, 30312
This information and more can be found on the Condesa Coffee Facebook page