- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 6 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 8 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 16 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Bones Steakhouse Uses iPad To Display 1,350 Item Wine List
Wine Purchases Were 11 Percent Higher In The First Two Weeks
Drop what you’re doing and get to the Apple store at Lenox Mall and take a class on operating the all new iPad because before you know it, you’ll be using one without ever owning one. Luckily, they’re fairly easy to use.
Atlanta’s very own Bones Steakhouse is setting a global trend by greeting diners with a digital version of their extensive wine list using Apple’s iPad technology.
An article published yesterday in the New York Times Dinning and Wine section says, they’re surprised to find that “At Bone’s, Atlanta’s most venerable steakhouse, a clubby place of oak paneling and white tablecloths, the gold-jacketed waiters now greet diners by handing them an iPad.”
It all makes sense considering the iPad has been loaded with the restaurant’s extensive wine list, holding detailed descriptions and ratings of 1,350 labels.
iPads are surprisingly versatile as they function as menus and replace clipboards at nightclubs. At Bone’s steakhouse, sales of wine increased by 11 percent after launching an iPad wine list that allows the diner to “search for wines by name, region, varietal and price.” The New York Times has the full story here.
Where else in Atlanta have you run into a business using the iPad?–Tell us!
3130 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305