- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Danneman’s Coffee To Undergo Top Secret Reconstruction
And They Won’t Spill The Beans
Danneman’s Coffe, located in the Old Fourth Ward at 466 Edgewood avenue on the corner of Edgewood and Boulevard, closed today for “some re-decor” and will be closed for the next few weeks.
Dannamen’s made this announcement on Facebook moments ago: “Transformation Happens. Danneman’s is closing for a secret reconstruction project. Keep close by for the unveiling in the next couple of weeks.”
The original Danneman’s was a super market that served the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood for many years. When the supermarket closed, the space sat abandoned and boarded up along with the rest of the blighted Edgewood Avenue for several years.
Designers Judi Knight, of New Tricks, and Grant Henry, jumped in to bring Danneman’s back to its heritage in this important neighborhood, using the original signage and other materials from that era, together with cozy seating vignettes that are designed for working as well as some settings that invite friendly conversations.
The downstairs space features tall ceilings, woodwork, large vintage windows, and mid-century furnishings such as lab tables and Navy chairs. There a 2,500 square feet area upstairs with exposed brick walls, lots of windows and beautiful wood floors. There is also an outside patio.
Considering the space is already quirky and unique in its own rights, we are excited to see the unveiling. Keep checking back for new deets as they arise.
Danneman’s Coffee Shop
466 Edgewood Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30312