- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 1 day ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 1 day ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
harlem bar closes on edgewood avenue
Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn District Takes A Hit
Harlem Bar, a nightclub in downtown, closed on Friday, May 21.
Located on Edgewood avenue in the Sweet Auburn District, Harlem Bar was sending out an SOS when they reduced its hours of operation back in March of this year. Originally opened seven days a week, the reduction left them struggling for business, open then just on the weekend, three days a week.
Owned and operated by Lorenzo Wyche Restaurants, other concepts by this owner include The Social House, a breakfast place and Rare, a “Soul Tapas” restaurant.
A what now, atlanta? reader first tipped us off in March and recently notified us of Harlem Bar’s closure last Friday. A call to the bar confirms: “this number has temporarily been disconnected. There is no further information at this time.”
262 Edgewood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303