- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
harlem bar closes on edgewood avenue
Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn District Takes A Hit
Harlem Bar, a nightclub in downtown, closed on Friday, May 21.
Located on Edgewood avenue in the Sweet Auburn District, Harlem Bar was sending out an SOS when they reduced its hours of operation back in March of this year. Originally opened seven days a week, the reduction left them struggling for business, open then just on the weekend, three days a week.
Owned and operated by Lorenzo Wyche Restaurants, other concepts by this owner include The Social House, a breakfast place and Rare, a “Soul Tapas” restaurant.
A what now, atlanta? reader first tipped us off in March and recently notified us of Harlem Bar’s closure last Friday. A call to the bar confirms: “this number has temporarily been disconnected. There is no further information at this time.”
262 Edgewood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303