- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 6 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
harlem bar closes on edgewood avenue
Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn District Takes A Hit
Harlem Bar, a nightclub in downtown, closed on Friday, May 21.
Located on Edgewood avenue in the Sweet Auburn District, Harlem Bar was sending out an SOS when they reduced its hours of operation back in March of this year. Originally opened seven days a week, the reduction left them struggling for business, open then just on the weekend, three days a week.
Owned and operated by Lorenzo Wyche Restaurants, other concepts by this owner include The Social House, a breakfast place and Rare, a “Soul Tapas” restaurant.
A what now, atlanta? reader first tipped us off in March and recently notified us of Harlem Bar’s closure last Friday. A call to the bar confirms: “this number has temporarily been disconnected. There is no further information at this time.”
262 Edgewood Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303