- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 2 hours ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 5 hours ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 6 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
rose and crown tavern opening on death row
Burying Themselves Alive in The Graveyard of Dead Restaurant Concepts?
Rose and Crown Tavern, an English pup and sports bar, is opening on Powers Ferry road in Marietta mid-June just in time for the World Cup.
Taking space that was most recently La Madeline, a country French café, Owner Miguel Ayoub is excited about renovating the 4700 square feet of dinning space and 700 square foot patio.
“This area is missing a neighborhood bar,” Ayoub said, as he showed us the newly built bar and refinished fireplace.
Rose and Crown Tavern will serve fare to include shepherds pie, bangers and mash, as well as fish and chips. The “typical wings and burgers” will also be served but “it’s not going to be like Taco Mac or Wild Wings,” Ayoub added. “Our food is going to have a flare to it.”
With 15 TV’s, 13 inside and two on the covered outdoor patio, Rose and Crown Tavern will cater to all of the major sporting events to include UFC fights, boxing, and soccer.
The bar will feature 16 draft beers: Guinness, Sweetwater, Stella, Bud light, Miller light, etc. There will also be specialty martinis.
Alas, what’s the downside for new business owner Miguel Ayoub? Rose and Crown Tavern is opening on what we’re referring to as “restaurant death row.”
Rose and Crown Tavern is opening next door to the shuttered Famous Dave’s and next to that, the closed TGIF’s. We’re not mathematicians but simple arithmetic puts that at three-restaurant closures side-by-side if you include La Madeline.
“People have the idea that these restaurants shut down because business wasn’t good. It’s actually because the landlords wanted to renegotiate terms with tenants who didn’t want to pay more rent during a tough economy,” Ayoub said in explaining why his restaurant concept won’t meet the same fate as the neighboring eateries.
“As a family run business, I can do certain things that they couldn’t and I can save money where they weren’t able to. That will make us survive and be successful.”
Coming from 15 years experience in the Atlanta club business, we wish Ayoub and his Rose and Crown Tavern the best and we pray for their parole on restaurant death row.
Rose and Crown Tavern
1931 Powers Ferry Rd SE
Marietta, GA 30067