- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 10 hours ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 3 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 5 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 10 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 17 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 18 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 27 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 27 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 27 days ago
the village jerk cafe opens in my sisters room
An Alternative Way to Run a Restaurant
The Village Jerk Café, located at 1271 Glenwood Avenue, officially opened yesterday in East Atlanta.
Sharing space with My Sisters Room, an alternative club, The Village Jerk Café will take transformation from restaurant to nightclub Wednesday through Sunday.
Owner Patricia Annison Racines was glad to share the space in an effort to decrease costs and use an existing liquor license.
“At 9:30 p.m., we will pick up all of our stuff and [My Sisters Room] will do their thing. Then in the morning, we will put it all back.”
With 2000 square feet of space and a newly built covered outdoor patio, The Village Jerk Café will be serving Caribbean and Latino cuisine.
The majority of the menu is built around their jerk spice. “We can jerk anything. Bring in a shoe and we’ll jerk it for you,” Racines says. Their jerk spices are used to season chicken, pork, wings and seafood.
The planwich, a sandwich that utilizes fried green plantains as a bread equivalent, is served with jerk pork or jerk chicken topped with tropical coleslaw.
The Village Jerk Café will be open Tuesday through Saturday until 9pm. Brunch will be served from 10-3pm on Saturday and Sunday.
With a menu offering authentic Caribbean and Latino cuisine, The Village Jerk Café wont break the bank as all menu items are priced below $15 — and hey, stay all the way until 10 and enjoy My Sisters Room directly after.
The Village Jerk Cafe
1271 Glenwood Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30316